Chamberlain Australia Pty Ltd and Chamberlain New Zealand Limited (Chamberlain, we, us, or our) supply a range of commercial garage door openers (including associated products), under the Grifco brand, in Australia and New Zealand respectively.
This information explains how we comply with applicable privacy requirements, and may be updated from time to time.
Our system for complying with applicable privacy requirements includes:
- our commitment to compliance with privacy requirements;
- our policy and approach to privacy, as explained in this information;
- our resources allocated to privacy, including our technology systems and services; and
- our people and the training and education we undertake.
Collecting your personal information
Depending on your involvement with Chamberlain, we may collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details, and other information about your circumstances and preferences. Where we do not have your personal information, we are not able to contact you or deal with your requests.
We collect this information when we ask you for it and you provide it, such as when you purchase our products and your details are registered with us for warranty purposes, when we provide customer service or when you otherwise deal with us, or others with whom we have commercial relationships, in relation to our products.
Where you prefer that we do not collect your personal information, we may not be able to deal with your requests or contact you.
Like many companies, we use technology and tools that give us information about and tell us when a computer or device has visited or accessed our content, including content such as product instruction manuals provided through our Apps. Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our products and services to better suit our customers and potential customers, and depending on your preferences, to customise the online experience of our App users including as to personalised content and ads.
Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you, and if you access or use our Apps, those search engines also provide user settings to allow you to opt out of any interest-based advertising.
Using your personal information
We use your personal information for our business and activities, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business. Examples include:
- to confirm your identity and deal with you when you purchase our products, when your details are registered with us for warranty purposes, when we provide customer service or when you otherwise deal with us, or others with whom we have commercial relationships, in relation to our products;
- to provide you with information about our products and assist in developing new products;
- to provide you with marketing communications and invitations and offers for products including new products that we have not offered before but we believe may be of interest to you (unless you tell us otherwise, see further below);
- to administer promotional programmes, such as sweepstakes, competitions, rewards and rebate programmes;
- to operate programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly (on the Terms applicable);
- to determine if you are eligible for certain products or offers;
- for a business or professional relationship we may have with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- for our research and development efforts;
- to amend records to remove personal information;
- sometimes, for product safety and product recalls;
- to improve our website, social media channels and our products to you and/or to our customers;
- to operate our Apps, and to provide better services to users of our App services; and
- for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information, including carrying out activities such as personnel training.
If we use your personal information to contact you and you would prefer not, please let us know and we will do our best to respect your preference. You may contact our customer service team (details below) or follow an unsubscribe link on any email from Chamberlain.
When your choice is to continue to deal with us, we take it that you agree and consent to our using your personal information in these ways, providing we follow the system and approach we explain in this information and comply with the law.
Storing and disclosing your personal information
We use various systems and services to safeguard the personal information we store, as part of our business systems and processes. We take steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference or loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure with appropriate safeguards and security measures.
In using and storing your personal information, we may pass on your personal information:
- to others with whom we have a commercial relationship, like our dealers, agents, contractors and service providers, who help us to provide services to you;
- to other parts of our wider company, the worldwide Chamberlain group;
- in other ways that come up in our business from time to time.
Overseas countries where your data may be stored include the United States, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Scandinavia, the Benelux, Southern and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Central and South America, Singapore and China.
When we pass on or share your personal information in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your personal information is protected. We do this in a number of ways including putting in place appropriate contractual protections.
We do our best to keep our records of your personal information up to date and accurate and not to keep personal information that is no longer needed.
We also share with others and disclose information from which personal information has been removed so that no privacy is affected.
We sometimes have to pass on personal information for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances.
Contacting us about your personal information
You may wish to contact us to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy. Our privacy email contact address is firstname.lastname@example.org and further contact details for us are set out below.
Australia New Zealand
Chamberlain Australia Pty Ltd Chamberlain New Zealand Limited
PO Box 1446 PO Box 100-221
Lane Cove NSW 1595 Auckland 0745
Australia New Zealand
Phone: +61 2 9424 2600 Phone: +64 9-477 2823
We will respond as soon as we reasonably can including, in the case of access and correction requests, if we are unable to provide you with access (such as when we no longer hold or use the information).
We do not impose any charge for a request for access, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.
For complaints about privacy, we will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process, including time frames, for seeking to resolve your complaint.
Last updated: September 2019